I know it’s not Friday, but I still wanted to share a foodie post with you guys today 🙂 For those of you who don’t know, I am obsessed with avocados. And eggs. Especially soft-boiled eggs. So when I came across this one picture on the Internet (Pinterest, Buzzfeed, I can’t remember..), I knew I had to give it a try. Baked egg IN avocado. That’s like the best of both worlds. And the recipe is super simple! I can’t cook to save my life, so when I say it’s simple…it’s like the easiest thing in the world.
Ingredients: 1 large avocado, 2 small eggs, shredded cheese and whatever else you want to top it off with
- Preset the oven to 345 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut a large avocado in half (I recommend large avocados because otherwise the egg will overflow. Even using a large avocado, you may want to scoop out some of the insides to make more room for the egg. So do that before proceeding to the next step)
- Make a straight cut along the BOTTOM of the avocado so you’ll have a stable base
- Wrap each half in foil
- Crack 1 egg in each half
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how soft you want your yolk to be
- After time’s up, sprinkle your toppings on, let it cool for just a little, and dig in!
And now it’s time for the best part: pictures! 🙂
This was so so delicious I can’t even begin to tell you how in love with this recipe I am. Highly recommend giving this a try! Oh, and this was quite filling. I was full after eating just one of the avocado halves, so I saved the other for lunch. And it was still just as delicious 3 hours later. Let me know how it goes if you guys give this a try!