Starting something new on the blog–Foodie Fridays (every other week)! Those who know me know that I could talk about food all day, so I thought I would dedicate every other Friday to some sort of food-related post. First up: the Lonsdale Quay Market in Vancouver.
We don’t really have farmer’s markets where I live, so I was so excited to visit the Lonsdale Quay market while I was in Vancouver. I’ve never seen such fresh food–they had everything! Seafood, fruits and veggies, desserts, wines, FOOD food, you name it. Here are some pictures from the market, and I’ve also added some tips and recommendations at the end.
- Bring cash. At least $30 if you’re just planning on spending on food. A lot of the vendors here don’t accept credit cards.
- Walk around the whole market first before picking out which places you want to go for food. There are a lot of choices here so it’s best to explore all your options!
- If the weather permits, try to find a table outside so you can enjoy the gorgeous view!
What to eat:
- El Dorado Pie and Treats – I had the empanadas here and they were fantastic! The crust was perfect and the filling was rich and flavorful.
- The Soup Meister – The clam chowder here is amazing! And I’m sure their other soups are as well. The large bowl is pretty big and can easily be shared among two people.
- Montgomery’s Fish & Chips – If you’re a fan of fish and chips, definitely stop by this place! The fish was fresh, their batter was delicious, and their fries were amazing. When I went, their daily special was 1 piece of cod with fries for just $7.95 (CAD), which is very reasonably priced. Normally, I believe its $9-$10, which still isn’t bad.
I was quite full after spending 2 hours here munching on food. If I lived in Vancouver I’d probably come here at least once a week. Absolutely loved this place!